Some possible causes of bad breathe among children are
- Poor oral hygiene. Getting children to brush their teeth properly is indeed a task especially making it twice as is recommended by health professionals. Little or no dental care brings about plaque built upon the gum, teeth and tongue which can then lead to bad breath.
- This is easily harboured in the mouth especially if remnants of food particles are not properly brushed out.
- Certain medications and continuous use of antibiotics can also cause bad breath among children.
- Foreign objects. Children often pick objects that sometimes block nasal passage, also dentures and braces that are not properly managed can bring about mouth odor.
- Dry mouth. The mouth can also smell when it does not produce enough saliva.
HOW TO MANAGE THE SITUATION
- Teach them to form good oral hygiene from early age enforcing brushing twice a day (brushing as the last thing before going to sleep).
- Regular change of brush
- Watch out for holes in the teeth
- Clean their dentures, braces.
A HEALTHY AND SWEET BREATHE AN AMIABLE AND A CONFIDENT PERSONALITY!